If you’re an avid griller or meat smoker you may already know that ThermoPro and Maverick thermometers are both used to create ease and accuracy when cooking meat. These are wireless meat thermometers that can digitally monitor the internal temperature of meat being cooked. Meat thermometers allow for the chef to freely roam their own home and mingle with guests while the meat is cooking. The thermometers digitally communicate to a receiver and alert of any temperature changes.
About ThermoPro Brand Meat Thermometers
The ThermoPro brand is a favorite because it can be used in the oven, grill or smoker. This wireless thermometer comes with an impressive 3 year warranty. The ThermoPro brand also is designed with high accuracy and heat resistance. The stepdown probe can withstand temperatures up to 716 degrees Fahrenheit. ThermoPro is also known for easy set up and operation. ThermoPro is very user friendly and makes cooking a breeze.
Most Popular ThermoPro Thermometer
The ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Remote thermometer is one of the most popular ThermoPro thermometers because it requires no set up and comes with 9 USDA pre-programmed meat temperatures to take guess work out of cooking meat. Meat temperatures are wirelessly transmitted from the oven, grill or smoker directly to the transmitter. When temperatures fall out of desired heat range the transmitter will beep to alert the chef so changes can be quickly made.
Features Of The ThermoPro TP20 Thermometer
The TP20 Wireless Remove thermometer is an easy to use thermometer for both novice home cooks and mastered home chefs. In addition to the 9 pre-programmed meat temperatures and easy set up it can be used in the grill, oven and smoker and offers the following additional impressive features:
- 3 year warranty
- Dual probe technology
- Timer settings saved even when turned off
- Temperature setting saved even when turned off
- Countdown and a count up timer
- Remote range up to 300 feet
- Operates on 4 AAA batteries that come included
About Maverick Brand Meat Thermometers
The Maverick brand of meat thermometers is a trusted brand due to its durability and reliability with meat temperature accuracy. This brand is created to withstand high heat and be used in the oven, grill or smoker. Maverick has designed innovative meat thermometers for consumers for more than thirty five years.
Most Popular Maverick Thermometer
The Maverick Wireless BBQ thermometer set is the most popular Maverick thermometer. This wireless thermometer is durable and the probes are able to withstand temperatures up to 716 degrees Fahrenheit. The digital display will show temperatures up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. The wireless transmitter can transmit accurate meat temperatures up to 300 feet. This gives the freedom to step away from the grill or oven and focus on other food preparation without the concern of the meat cooking inaccurately.
Features Of The Maverick Meat Thermometer
The Maverick Wireless BBQ thermometer offers some top notch features that leave users happy with their end results each time. These features include:
- Wireless receiver that can monitor meat from 300 feet away
- Back light for nighttime use
- Count up and countdown timer
- Runs on 4 AAA batteries (not included)
Major Brand Differences of ThermoPro and Maverick Thermometers
When it comes to comparing these two impressive meat thermometers the differences are few but it does come down to user preference and cooking knowledge. The following 6 comparisons should help potential users decide which will suite their needs best:
1) Price is relative and both are priced within only a few dollars of one another.
2) The ThermoPro warranty cannot be beat. Maverick comes with a basic warranty but ThermoPro features an impressive 3 year for all parts on the thermometer.
3) Both thermometers offer a 300 foot wireless range and are easy to use.
4) Both the ThermoPro and Maverick and withstand high temperatures but the ThermoPro comes with duo probe meat options and the Maverick is a single probe.
5) The Maverick does provide a bit more ease for transporting the receiver and comes with a built on stand as well as a belt clip. For those that are constantly moving about while cooking meat these add on features will definitely be beneficial.
6) ThermoPro comes with pre-programmed USDA meat settings. This is ideal for home cooks that are unsure of the proper temperature to serve various meats at. Maverick does not come with any pre-programmed temperatures to guide novice cooks.